CASual Friday - Gelli print sticker card - by Donna Gray

Hi everyone,

It's Donna here today with a card made by Gelli printing on some sticky labels....great fun!




I used a roll of inexpensive white labels for this from a well known supermarket and prepared my 6x6 Gelli plate exactly how I normally do, on this occasion I used some Fresco paints and my absolute favourite stencil of the moment from That's Crafty! called Random Ovals.

I brayered the paints on the Gelli plate and placed the stencil on top, then I pressed a piece of scrap paper over the top over the stencil to absorb the excess paint, then removed the stencil and pressed the stickers on the Gelli plate to pick up the print.

It dries really quickly then you can choose which stamps you'd like to use on your sticky label background. For this I chose the sun and moon from the Whimsical Summer stamp set and the Celestial Dancer 1 and stamped them on each of the sticky labels with black Archival ink.

Then all I had to do was pull the back off the labels and stick them directly onto a Kraft card and add a Tim Holtz sentiment at the bottom of the card.

I now have a whole pile of these Gelli printed stickers with stamped images that are going to be perfect for quick cards and even journaling  ;)

Hope you like it
Donna xx


Stamps Used:




Whimsical Summer


Celestial Dancer

Comments

Amanda said…
Fab card with your gelli stickers
Love
Amanda x
Bibi Lindahl said…
Lovely card, Donna! The green looks really good with the kraft base, and with such a cool background, all you need is one stamp - I love it! Thanks for the Gelli print sticker tip. Sounds fun - and the result speaks for itself! ♥ ♥ ♥
Sue said…
What a fab card and technique Donna - I love it! xx
chantal said…
love the cards. Those rubberstamps are very nice
Chantal
Such a great idea - love it hugs Debsxx
Awesome CAS card - love it❣
Caroline said…
Adhesive labels? Genius! I wonder what size as they look larger than I have. No matter, what a fantastic, inspired idea, Donna!! They look stunning against the Kraft card too. I think I NEED the 'Celestial Dancer' stamp, didn't know it existed so thank YOU! Wonderful creativity����✅��
Lemon Creation said…
Such a great idea with the labels Donna and totally awesome card! Love it! xo
Ink Art Designs said…
How creative is this Donna! And it sounds like it is sooo much fun. The stamps really do stand out beautifully.
Dot x
Susanne Rose said…
Brilliant card Donna!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!