Tutorial Tuesday - Watercolour Card by Debs

Hi everyone, Debs here with a pretty little card. 




First I stamped the corners using stamps from Flower Power and then added my feature from Cone Flowers




I restamped the feature onto tissue paper and cut it out. I placed this over the original stamping to mask it and added the leaves from Crazy Flowers #2.



When you remove the mask you have your leaves in the background. I added some line work where it was missing and heat set it all.





I used watercolours in the background, by gently wetting the page and adding the colours in layers to build up the depth.
I then dried it before working on the flowers in the same way. 

Lastly I added the sentiment from Bling Bling.

Here are some close-ups:









The stamps I used are shown below



Take care 
Hugs xxx




Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Lovely card, Debs! Very nice effect with the masking, to get the leaves behind the cone flowers! I also think it's a very good combo of stamps from different sets - I would never have thought of using those leaves with the flowers, but they look really good together!! Thank you so much for sharing your tutorial! ♥ ♥ ♥
Sue said…
This is beautiful Debs and I loved seeing how it all came together xx
Wonderful cards Debs. Love this!
Ink Art Designs said…
Oh I love how you have added the leaves with masking - it looks fantastic!
Dot x
Beautiful card Debs, really elegant
Hugs
Donna xx

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Back from The Netherlands

Rubber Dance Blog Hop