It’s nearly Christmas - Art Journal Tutorial by Deborah

Hello Everyone Debs here with a very Christmassy Tutorial, well it is nearly here. I wanted to created something with a magical feel and hope that comes across. I do love Christmas and the wonderful giving spirit it evokes in most people!


So I started with my favourite colour combo of purple, blue and green. I just love how these colours look together, but you do 
have to be careful mixing the green and purple as you don’t want to make brown.

Stamped my favourite stamp of the moment, the leaves from Crazy Flowers 2, and painted them with Pitt Pens for Fabre Castell. 
I then used a white Acrylic Ink to add snow to the leaves.



I added some flicks to create the idea of snow falling


I added touches of an horizon to add depth to the page and drew a few houses. Now as this was created intuitively, i.e. not planned I drew my houses. However, if you want to create this, you could use the houses from Textured Houses, which for this were a little too big.

I blended some white acrylic gently around the leaves to act as the moon far far away, and very low in the sky.



And then added the bird at the front again to create depth and send the houses and moon way back. I stamped the bird onto white card, cut it out and painted it with Sennelier watercolour paints.

Lastly added my sentiments 



Well that’s me in the Christmas Spirit. Here are the stamps I used.








I would like to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas 

Take care everyone 
Hugsxx 



Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Beautiful, Debs! Love the blue, purple and green together. Great idea adding snow to the leaf stamps, which I've thought of as a summer stamp, but this way it really works for winter, too! Love it! Thank you for sharing! ♥ Happy Christmas! ♥
Craftyfield said…
Fabulous Debs! And yes I do get a lovely snowy and cold Christmas night feeling from the background. Merry Christmas!
Gorgeous make❣️ Merry Christmas!!
Ink Art Designs said…
I love this each time I look at it. So much depth and beauty.
Dot x
ionabunny said…
Gosh, very chilly looking. Wonderful scene. Merry merry. Hugz
Susanne Rose said…
What a wonderful page!!! Perfect for Christmas!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!