Colours Of The Wind

Good morning and happy Sunday, it's a very happy Sue here 'cos I've finally got to ink my new rubber.


I started with a sheet of A4 mixed media paper from a pad and added colour with Brusho's.

Then I added some stencilling with a Distress Oxide. I wanted to create a windy swirling effect.

Time for some stamping now. I tried to keep to the same colour palette, and I've used the leaves and smaller stamps from Textured Feathers.

Then I stamped the lovely Star Lady for placement and so I didn't have to cut out the fiddly bits.

I knew that I wanted lightweight feathers so I used Distress paints on some wax paper - the kind that you put through a die cutting machine with the intricate dies.

Then stamped the feathers from Textured Feathers and embossed with clear embossing powder. The wax paper dries to a lovely shine. These are lovely stamps and are quite easy to cut out which is a big plus for me 'cos life is far too short for fussy cutting! I did the same with oranges and blues.

I then coloured some wooden feathers and fuzzy leaves by dipping them in puddles of Brusho's.

And stamped, coloured, and cut out Star Lady

So now it's time to build my whirlwind!



I printed the sentiment from my computer.  I love how the wax paper flowers curl.

I've sewn it down on a sheet of A4 and it can now go in my journal. One day I'll be brave enough to make a page whilst it's still in the journal, but today is not the day!

Don't forget to join in our current 'embossing' challenge!
Have a wonderful day and thanks very much for looking x


Comments

Fab Journal pages Sue, love my feather stamps they are so realistic. Great idea to use wax paper, it certainly does give them more movement. Star lady fits the scene so well surrounded by them all. Love it. Have a great week Sue. Hugs Tracey xx
Bibi Lindahl said…
What a beautiful whirlwind of colours and movement! Love how the feathers seem to blow in a circle like that. Great tip about the wax paper!
Thanks so much, Sue! ♥ ♥ ♥
aussie aNNie said…
Fabulous inking Sue, great colours and love the whole concept of this design.xx
[aNNie]
I do love this swirly work of art Sue, such gorgeous 'movement' in it!!
Hugs
Donna xx
ionabunny said…
What a gorgeous page. Love your was paper feathers and how it looks like star lady is pushing that whirlwind around. Very cool. Hugz
Colorful and wonderful page, Sue. I agree with you about life is to short for fuzzy cutting :-) And I don't have the patience either.... ;-)
Hugs, Anita x
This is wonderful page!!Love your creative idea.
Thank you for sharing Sue.

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!