Flowers and recycling

Hello and welcome, it's DT-member Anita here today.

Today I thought to show a little recycling. As I wrote in the interview - which was published both here and in the Scandinavian-language blog, I like to recycle. For example a used coffee cup from the petrol station, or a nut box, and then you make a completely different design on this.

Here is what I've done:


Susanne Rose, who is also a Design Team member at Rubber Dance, has designed these amazing stylish flowers.  They called Textured Flowers and you can find them in Rubber Dance online store here.  I just love these!  They can be used for any project.  Even a recycling project.

Here I will show you step by step, both how they looked before I started the whole process, up to the final and (I think) great result.

 I started here

I added gesso



Then I used Lindy's sprays in Baby Blue Eyes Aqua and Creme Brulee Cream colours. Too bad the camera failed to capture the stunning shimmer.

After it was dry, I used my finger to smear the whole cup with Distress Micro Glaze. This is to "seal" the spray to prevent color begins to flow if the cup get wet.


After the Micro Glaze was dry I stamped these gorgeous flowers around with Archival ink in the colors purple, brown, blue, green, red, yellow and orange.  I also used the leaves and the doodles a bit randomly.

Then it was the nut box's turn :-)

At the start

I tore off the outer paper and then it looks like this.

I primed it with gesso


Then I brought out all my yummie Dylusions Paint I have in my collection.  I just have to say - Dylusions paint is absolutely fantastic!  They are so colorful and delicious to work with.  The result is always perfect.


So I used my finger and painted little spots here and there around the Box.



Dried and continued painting with other colors in the blank areas



Then I used diluted gesso just to mute the colors slightly.


Then I bring out some Distress Markers and the distress marker spritzer tool and made lots and lots of little dots of different colors around the entire box.


I also used a Posca Pen for white dots


When it was all dry I stamped the flowers at random around the box with black Archival Ink


Now the box was dried, I could fill it with my delicious and healthy (?!) Fruits (fruit is healthy, I've been told) Skittles :-)





Close ups of details


What do you think? I have the box with Skittles standing on my craft table. I think it was so beautiful. Loooooots of color and life.

Hope you were inspired by this to recycle something yourself.  All the stamps I have used on these projects can of course be bought at the Rubber Dance online store.

Thanks for stopping by! I wish you a wonderful, colorful and creative day.


Hugs, Anita










Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
WOW, they both look awesome! I am indeed inspired by your post to do this myself, using products I already have (different brands of paint, etc), I just have to go to the petrol station and get a paper cup with coffee first!! ;-) Naw, I have lots of stuff I have saved for recycling/upcycling, so I have NO excuse. Thank you for a great post, Anita! ♥
Julie S said…
These are both beautiful! I'm looking around my desk right now and seeing a colleciton of things I can alter too. Inspired!
Mac Mable said…
Such fun and creative projects, thank you for the inspiration x
Craftyfield said…
Love boxes for my bathroom bits & bobs. Lovely recycling and the Textured Flowers look great against the bright backgrounds.

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!