ATB Retro Beach


Guest Designer Craftyfield here with an inspiration piece around the Retro Beach set.
Summer is nearly there and I am longing for a beach holiday so this is my way of getting there earlier!

I created a cube of images with a 3" (7.5cm) Calico Craft Artist Trading Block, the perfect size for these images.

Since a cube has six sides, it is almost enough to show off all the stamps in the Retro Beach plate In fact I only left out one stamp!

On 3 sides I used Brushos and Infusions [1] powders on top of the stamped images (Versafine black) and on the 3 others I used coloured inks (Versacraft) as well as the black Versafine on an untouched watercolour paper.

After drying and flattening the squares as much as I could, I applied several coats of DecoArt Ultra Matte varnish to protect them.





Then they were glued (I used Mod Podge for that) to the MDF cube parts. You can pop over to my blog if you want to know more on how I put together the cube.

On the left you can see the 6 sides before I made up the cube.







And a look at the other side of the cube:


I hope you will like this project as much as I enjoyed making it! And the best part is I can now look at beach scenes and dream of summer...








[1] Infusions are a mix of walnut crystals and dye colours, similar to the Bistres powders.

Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Gorgeous, gorgeous! I like the contrast between the sides with colourful backgrounds and those that have lots of white. They really help one another stand out. Beautiful all around. Thank you so much for returning as a Guest Designer! Big hug! ♥
What a cool and summer-feeling Box! I love the colours you've used, and the white parts makes it more elegant.
Hugs, Anita
Kristiina said…
Lovely ATB, you are right about having the summer indoors no matter what the weather... we're in for a few days of storm here, no beach scenes outdoors!
Gerrina said…
Beautiful! I like that you can change the "feel" with other sides of the block turned to you...
klistersøster said…
A delightful and evocative ATB, the feeling of the pure sea air you hit is beautiful.
Hugs, Susan
Mac Mable said…
Wow lots of hard work and lots to look at, thank you for the inspiration.
ionabunny said…
So pretty. I like the coloured versus uncoloured sides. Very summery and beautiful. Hugz
nefertiti said…
Très belle réalisation avec ce contraste entre les faces encrées et les faces plus
C&S. Bravo Christine.

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!