Christmas Pocket Letter by Susanne

Hi my dear Rubber Dance Friends!

I have so much fun creating Pocket Letters and I'd like to share one of my techniques today. I used the new Christmas stamp sets together with the "Affirmations", "Music Notes" and the "Pines Fir Yew" set.



Let's start! I used a piece of watercolor cardstock that I cut to the size 10.5" by 7.5" and embossed some of the branches from the Pine Fir Yew set with white powder.



I colored the background with the Marabu Art Spray. I really like these sprays,  because they are waterproof when they are dry.



I used Distress Ink Walnut Stain to add some droplets. I pressed the the ink pad onto an acrylic block, added some water and let the drops fall down.



Finally I made some smaller splatters and used a bit of Pearlescent watercolors to make it shimmering.



I stamped some circles from the "Round in Circles" set, some of the cones from the "Frosty Friends" set and the "Music Notes". I used Distress Ink "Walnut Stain" for the Circles and StazOn "Jet Black" (because of the embossing) for the cones and the music notes. I cut my page into 9 pieces before I added those stamps. It would have been easier to stamp first and then cut!!!
I used gesso together with Distress Glitter "Clear Rock Candy" on some of the edges of every single card to get a frosty look.




Now it was time to prepare the images that I wanted to add to my pockets. I colored them with Distress Inks and with some of the golden Pearlescent watercolors. The Gift and the bow were embossed with gold powder.




I added the embellishments and filled in the pockets:


The "believe" comes with the "Affirmations" set.


The house is a die from Marianne Design. The doily comes from Cottage Cutz.

The images from the Frosty Friends and the Cozy Christmas set are my drawings and I have a giveaway on my facebook page where you can win your favourite of this sets:

https://www.facebook.com/SusanneRoseDesigns/


Stamp sets from Rubber Dance:
Frosty Friends
Cozy Christmas
Music Notes
Pine Fir Yew
Affirmations
Round in Circles

You will get 15% discount  on your next order in the Rubber Dance Online Store when you enter "susanne2015" during checkout.


Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
WOW, this is really beautiful, Susanne! So many nice details.
Great tutorial, thank you so much!!
Greetings from Spain :)
<3
Lizzy Hill said…
This is fabulous! I love what you've done....just getting into pocket letters, so I REALLY enjoyed reading how you created yours:) Thanks for sharing :):)
This I realy like, Susanne! Great ide using pocket. And I though the background was absolutly smashing.
Hugs, Anita ♥
Lovely pocket cards, Suzz, thanks for sharing tutorial!!
Unknown said…
Wow Susanne - I have never done anything like your pocket letter before... but it looks like a lot of fun. So interesting how you did the background. Every piece of it is so wonderful - so obvious that they all go together. Love the colors you chose. Thanks bunches for sharing. It's really completely beautiful. j.
ionabunny said…
Lovely colours Susanne. So many lovely details. The bird is very sweet. Hugz
Majo said…
Amazing piece of art work, dear Susanne ;)
Craftyfield said…
Love your muted background and the stamps too...
Susanne Rose said…
Thank you all so much for your lovely comments! Hugs, Susanne.

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!