Watercolor Stamping with Susanne


Hi my dear crafty friends!
I'm taking part in the Daisy Yellow ICAD challenge this year. It's about creating one index card every day for 61 days. Today I'd like to show you three of them and give you some inspiration for another way of using your stamps.

We do some watercolor stamping today. I chose two of the beautiful stamps from the set "Antique Botanicals" from Rubber Dance, as well as the lovely crab from the "Something Fishy" set. Additionally I used some of my favourite sentiments. You'll find a list of all stamps used at the end of this post.

This is my icad #8 and here are some step by step photos with instructions:


I used the Neocolor II watercolor crayons to ink up my stamp. I sprayed some water over the inked stamp and pressed it one time onto a piece of scrap paper and then on my card. It's a thing of testing and experimenting to find the right amount of water. Try it again if you are not satisfied with your first result. By the way, the hearts on the right upper corner are also stamped with the Neocolors. I stamped several times with one layer of color.


I add some more color by building a palette on an acrylic block. I use water and a brush to apply the color. This is also a very easy and quick way to add some splatters to your creations.



I have two more watercolor cards to share:

On this one I stamped my flowers twice. First time of course on a piece of scrap paper and then two times on my index card. I added some yellow to make the purple pop.



For the last card I didn't use Neocolors to stamp the crab. I used Distress Ink. They are reactive with water, so I used a watertank brush to let the color flow. The rest of the card is colored with Neocolors.

Thank you for stopping by today!
Have a nice and crafty day,
Susanne


I used these stamp sets from Rubber Dance:
Antique Botanicals
Something Fishy
New Retro Beach
Think Again
Something Wonderful
I Heart Art



Comments

Wundervolle Karten! Schwärm!
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you so much, Susanne! Your ICADs are lovely!! This technique looks really fun and I can't wait to try it out when I receive my very first Neocolors that I ordered just a few days ago! :-)
Artatag said…
Die Wasserfarben geben den Karten etwas Träumerisches. Wunderbar!
xox
Majo said…
Wunderschöne Kreationen, liebe Susanne! Diese Farben bringen mich auf gute Gedanken ;)
Lizzy Hill said…
These are fabulous....love the different looks you've gotten using a similar technique....that crab! He made me LOL:)
Suman Pandit said…
love the cards Susanne !! watercolors give that loose artsy unstructured feel to them which is quite liberating !!
http://kalasirjana.blogspot.in/
TangledBlueRose said…
Love the beautiful effect! Gorgeous!~kim
Unknown said…
So pretty Susanne - love the watercolour effect you have achieved.
Susanne Rose said…
Thanks so much for all your lovely comments!!!
Craftyfield said…
Love the watercolour effect, a technique I have used with Neocolours, Gelatos, Art Bar, Inktense etc... Very satisfying!
Gail said…
This is an awesome effect. I made my wedding invitations this way and had people oohing and aahing over them! I learned to color with watercolor markers right on my red rubber and then super lightly mist the rubber before stamping to keep as much of the shape as possible when it was stamped. I LOVE your 'drips and drops' and will have to remember that for future cards...it adds so much!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!