Rubber Dance Stamps with Acetate and Acrylics!

Hi everyone it is Helen here today sharing another video tutorial for you to try out.

Todays two cards are stamped onto acetate sheets and coloured with acrylic paint.  This is a fun technique and I love how this has turned Katy's lovely Antique Botanicals into quite a modern and graphic card design…….and I have just realised that I have called the stamps vintage blooms on my video tutorial!!!!  Back in a jiffy!………I think I have sorted it out but if I revert in the tutorial to calling them vintage blooms just ignore me ;-)

On with the cards!!!


The card on the left has been made with a very old piece of acetate indeed - It has been in my craft room forever……..I think it would have been used to make slides for graph presentations many many moons ago!!!!  I wanted to show that you are not limited to plain acetate when you try this technique and that printed acetates can work too.

As usual the inner matches the outer although this time I have left out the greeting as I think these cards whilst making lovely birthday cards would also be fab thank you or note cards too so I left my options open by leaving them blank.


As usual I am sharing a tutorial here today and I hope that I persuade you to get stamping on your acetate.  It is a little tricky but the results are worth it I hope you agree.


These cards feature stamps from the Antique Botanicals stamp set and the quote is from the Something Wonderful stamp set.  You can check out these and all the other lovely Rubber Dance stamps by clicking on this link!

Before you go here is the cutting guide for this card as promised in the video tutorial:

White Card Base - 8" x 8" scored at 4" or 20 cm x 20 cm scored at 10 cm
Acetate  - 3" x 7 " or 7.5 cm x 17.5 cm
White Card  - 3" x 7 " or 7.5 cm x 17.5 cm (cut 2)
Black Card - 3 3/16" x 7 3/16" or 7.75 cm x 17.75 cm (cut 2)
Orange Card - 3 6/16" x 7 6/16" or 8 cm x 18 cm (cut 2)

Well that is it from me for today I hope you are having a crafty Sunday and like what I have shared today.  If you do you may wish to follow this link because I shared another idea for this technique a couple of days ago over on my blog…..and of course two more cards featuring even more lovely stamps from Rubber Dance.

Hugs

Helen x

Comments

Craftyfield said…
Beautiful looking cards (love those stamps!) and I would try but for the dreaded Stazon!
Anonymous said…
what a beautiful technique.....will try it soon. Stazon is about the only stamp pads I have. good precise stamping and quick drying.

thanks
massofhair said…
Wonderful technique Helen, enjoyed watching your video on the last cards, you showed it's not that hard to stamp on acetate. I do think choice of image can also help your project, i have used a smaller image and didn't have much luck but using larger images is a must for me. Two more wonderful cards! :-) xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!